Great Plains Communications is raising awareness on one of the Universal Service Funds’ varied programs to help provide affordable telecommunications services to Americans. We are looking at the Nebraska Lifeline Program or Lifeline Phone Bill Assistance.
The Lifeline Program ensures that low-income households have access to quality telephone service. It could be combined with Link Up and Toll Limitation Service. The Lifeline program reduces the price for monthly telephone charges for basic service and allows those with income constraints to enjoy the benefits of a telephone service.
Eligible subscribers include those who participate in:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered TANF
- Head Start (income qualifying / residents of Tribal Lands only)
We know how important having a landline can be for safety and convenience of your family, particularly in rural Nebraska. For additional information on the Nebraska Lifeline Program, visit http://www.phone-bill-assistance.com/lifeline/NE. If you have any questions or would like to apply, call our Customer Response Center at 1-855-853-1483.